Saturday, January 12

T1W2



hello!

aww.. I <3>
T1W2


inhibitions, incoherently, ilk, schism, utopia

"Can... can I go?"Gregory inquired hopefully, his chestnut brown eyes gleaming as he saw his father's eyes scan down the paper, stopping for a moment or so to re-read a sentence or two. The man's face remained expressionless as he lowered the form down, his eyes leaving the printed words to gaze at his son.


As if purposely putting the young boy under suspense, the older male sighed, turned around and looked at the time on the fiery red clock that had been hung on the wall of the living room, before carefully speaking, " You... may go," he finally spoke, releasing a great deal of stress off Gregory's shoulders. The father had only just reaslied, how he had put Greg under so many inhibitions since he was a wee lad. " We won't go out of the country! It isn't safe! "

" You are not to come home any later than seven everyday, do you understand me? "

He had never let his son travel out of the country, neither could he recall any time where he had let his child make a decision in his life, as well as forbidden him from doing other things of that ilk. " For heaven's sake, Leonard! He's fourteen for crying out loud, fourteen! "he mentally scolded himself.

"I- I can go? I- I- go? T-To.. there, w-with.. friends? Can?"Gregory repeated in an incoherent fashion, apparently stunned by his parent's choice. Was he dreaming? Had he been sucked into a utopia that was unique only to him?

"Yes, you may go to Malaysia with your school, you just need to ask your teacher what kind of arrangements I need to make."Leonard answered as casually as he could. " However, you had better not get in trouble or anything!" the father swiftly added on, his son reacted with lightning fast reflexes, nodding his head in response.

"I know you tend to have a schism for people who disobey you, father."




--

byebye..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have a good sense of dramatic writing. I like the tension created between the two characters at the start.
You have not fitted the vocab words well in your writing though. You may have to look for more examples of the words' usage.