
Everything's going in an up and down motion. Make up your mind laaa.
T2W1
fulsome, ponder, lush, opulence,destitution
She folded her hands neatly together, her dainty fingers curling around her elbows, raising her button nose in the air as the girl in front of her knelt down on one scrawny knee and held out shaking fists that had been clenched together.
“What on Earth gave you the slightest idea that you could approach me?”she scoffed haughtily, refusing to look down upon the young girl at her feet, her golden jewelry jingling and jangling as she shifted her weight from one foot to the other.
“I beg for your forgiveness, you greatness, but, if you could just..” the dirt covered girl drifted off, blinking her large, ocean blue eyes in fear every few seconds, looking exactly like a petrified doe. Her callous hands shook violently with every ounce of fright that seemed to add on to her as the tall, dominant figure towering over her quickly spun to face her. The startled girl flinched in an instant, as the woman grabbed her wrist in one fluid motion.
“If I could just, what? Make it rain gold? Just suddenly fill your life with opulence? Does it really sound that easy to you?”the lady bit sarcastically, staring right into the depths of the girl’s eyes.
“N-No! I didn’t mean it like that, I was just-just!”the beggar tried her best to piece words together.
“I have treasures that would shock and amaze you, some too fulsome for you to even see with your very own eyes! Do you really think I would share any of them with you?”the woman started rambling, a mad glint shining in her chestnut brown eyes, earning the whispers and stares of a few passer-bys in the marketplace.
“Hey, isn’t that..?”
“Yeah, it is. Didn’t they say she..”
“I heard she lost her mind a long time ago,”
“Really? No! But I thought..”
The girl blinked back her tears furiously, fighting the urge to cry as the woman’s stinging words pierced her weak heart. She had always lived in a state of destitution, and her parents had passed away only a while back. Since then, she had been thriving on in the streets, much like the other half of the population.
Squatting on road sides, their job was to beg for the sympathy from the upper class. To throw a dime, a penny - anything- in their direction. It had been tough. By this was by far, the toughest thing she had ever done. While she was pondering over this, she had not noticed that the rich heiress was beginning to talk once again.
“So be it, if that’s the way it is,” the woman continued, as if she had not heard the girl the first time round.
“Huh?”the girl responded.
“I expect to see you outside my house at exactly 1800 hours today.”the woman carried on, despite the girl’s confusion.
“Your house? That large mansion with lush gardens at the end of the town? Why?”the girl questioned in the most polite tone she could manage.
“Why, to begin working for me, of course.”the woman said in a simplistic tone.
“HUH?!?! B-BUT!”this was not what she had had in mind, all she wanted was a few, maybe a handful, of coins. Why had it been twisted into such a…
“I don’t even know your name yet, little girl,”the woman interrupted her thoughts once more.
“H.. Hope!”the girl replied swiftly.
The woman laughed, a sly smile forming on her face.
“ Call me Cynical, then.”
5 comments:
Once I am not your English teacher and this blog ceases to be school work, you should get more people (even strangers) to read your stories and comment on them.
Lovely. I can sense the compassion you have for your characters, making them come alive.
wow jennifer sounds so chim.. thats what jennifer is english fanatic.. essay full with vocabulary and good phrases if i could write like that i can kill my self ^^ (apple pie!!!!!!!!!!!)
wow i thought i was reading a story written by a famous author!fantastic!it is captivating and the details are given to the max.in my opinion, there is nothing much for you to improve on and hope you can reach a higher stage of writing, higher than your current one.:D
jihao
Let me recommend an online author to you.
http://www.elfwood.com/libr/j/i/jinxedjester2/jinxedjester2.html
Oh, and by the way, I'm Yi Han of 3EP.
You sure write well!
interesting reads (that's what i say for everyone, standard answer).
I love the pictures, they add a touch of jennifer to the blog
Post a Comment