
it didn't feel that cold despite the weather, maybe, because..
T1W5
declaim, recant, access, accomplice, alleged
"Order in the Court, order in the Court!"the judge declaimed, slamming his miniature mallet firmly onto the wooden desk in front of him. Instantly, a tide of silence washed over the jury and the crowd, as everyone rested their eyes on the defendant. A lanky, middle-aged man with unkempt, jet black hair, and a grim frown plastered upon his triangular face. Dressed in an untidy suit, with a crooked tie, the defendant raised his eyes to meet the judge's. "I'm not guilty, your honour,"he started to say, as honestly as he could.
"Silence!"the judge exclaimed, recanting the man of further speech.
"How did you gain access to his house?"he questioned the man in the suit, who coughed once before answering, " He was my friend, sir, he gave me his keys. I found him like that w-when I got there."he spoke slowly and clearly in defense.
The judge disregarded his words carrying on with another barrage of inquiries, "You allegedly entered his house, fine. However, one of the neighbours has informed me that you entered the house with a knife, as well as an accomplice. What do you have to say to that?"
"T'was a knife to cut his birthday cake, and the girl he saw must have been my lovely girlfriend, your honour."he swallowed before speaking as innocently as he could.
"She and I were planning to be wedded in four months, too."
i'mlazytoday,sosueme...
No comments:
Post a Comment